Best Fall Activities & Festivals in the Alabama Gulf Coast
The Alabama Gulf Coast comes alive in the fall with many festivals, fewer crowds, and cooler weather. With so much to do in the fall, this is a great time to plan your Alabama Gulf Coast vacation. Young’s Suncoast offers travelers exceptional beach house rentals with fantastic amenities like a private pool in the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Alabama area. We can’t wait to have you as our guest this fall! The team at Young’s Suncoast put together this guide to help you plan the perfect trip.
The 10 Best Things To Do This Fall in the Alabama Gulf Coast
- The Annual National Shrimp Festival: Enjoy delicious seafood this fall at the 49th annual Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama. There will also be live music, arts and crafts, 5k and 10k races, and the annual sand sculpture contest.
- The John L. Borom Alabama Coastal Birdfest: This four-day event educates attendees about birding and takes them to historical sites such as Dauphin Island Bird Sanctuary, Fort Morgan, Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge, and more!
- The Flora-Bama Oktoberfest: Enjoy live music, beer, German food, and a stein hoisting competition at this fantastic Alabama fall festival.
- The Original German Sausage Festival: Enjoy delicious sausage and other outstanding German food with polka music and carnival rides galore.
- The Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival: Both seasoned and aspiring songwriters from all over the world come together to share their music at different venues along the Alabama/Florida Gulf Coast.
- Explore Gulf State Park by Segway: Come and explore the natural beauty of the Alabama Gulf Coast with cooler weather and fewer crowds in the fall. You can segway through Gulf State Park or grab a bicycle, kayak, or paddle boat rental if those are more your style.
- Blue Angels Homecoming Air Show: Witness a world-class air show that attracts 150,000-180,000 spectators each fall. The admission is even free!
- Coastal Half Marathon and 5k Run: Shed off your Thanksgiving feast this fall with a beautiful 5k run along the Alabama Gulf Coast.
- Bama Coast Cruisin’: Check out the most beautiful cars in the Alabama Gulf Coast this fall when Bama Coast Cruisin’ comes back for the Orange Beach Freedom Fest. Admission is free to this great family-friendly activity.
- Jubilee Festival of Arts – Daphne, AL: Enjoy music, art, delicious food, and a whole lot of southern charm in this nearby Alabama fall festival.
Book your stay today to the Alabama Gulf Coast in the fall!