Whether you’re seeking adventure or reconnection with the natural world, the hiking trails in the Alabama Gulf Coast offer something for everyone to enjoy. Your senses will be ignited with the salty taste of the Gulf Coast, the earthy aroma of the diverse ecosystems, and the sound of crashing waves, creating a soothing symphony of nature. Young’s Suncoast is your gateway to exploring this wonderful coastal paradise. Book your stay from our massive selection of vacation rentals in the Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Fort Morgan area.
Explore the Best Coastal Hiking Trails in Alabama
- Wade Ward Nature Park: Take a delightful stroll through an elevated boardwalk and wetlands that connect to Lake Shelby and Little Lagoon. This park is on the Alabama Coastal Birding Trail, and other wildlife you might see in your surroundings during your hiking journey include otters and alligators.
- Baldwin County Trailblazers: This nonprofit organization promotes expanding and improving hiking and biking trails in Baldwin County, Alabama. Venture on the 22-mile Eastern Shore Trail that will take you on a scenic journey through North Daphne and South Fairhope.
- Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail System: Explore 26 hiking trails through nine diverse ecosystems on the Alabama Coast. The Backcountry Trail is filled with local legends. It has been said a “Catman” lives within the trail swamps and woodlands.
- Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge: Embark on a hiking journey through the dunes, maritime forests, and scrub habitats in some of the last remaining undisturbed Alabama Coast barrier habitats. The park staff offers guided birding walks, night prowls, and dune hikes.
- Fort Morgan: Enjoy hiking through a National Historic Landmark on the Alabama Coast that was once an important Mobile Bay guardian. This is also a great spot for bird watching, as the American Bird Conservancy named it a Globally Important Bird Area.
- Gulf State Park: Venture through the paved and unpaved hiking trails in this lovely Alabama State Park. Live Oak Trees covered in Spanish Moss, Bobcats, and alligators are some of the many wonderful sights you might find.
- Best Beach Trails in Gulf Shores: If you’re searching for hiking trails that feature breathtaking waterfront views, the Alabama Coast is your slice of paradise waiting for you to explore. There is a trail perfect for a wide range of skill levels.